THE 5 STEPS TO WALKING IN LOVE AND FORGIVENESS FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS
Have you ever asked yourself how do I forgive? This teaching will give you the answers to those very questions.
When you have some thoughts of irritation, anger, frustration, resentment or any other unforgiving type of thoughts throughout your day, pray to God for repentance and forgiveness of the sin of irritation, frustration, and unforgiveness you have in your life and heart. This will allow you to walk in daily forgiveness and Grace! This practice will also allow you to keep your heart clean, and as it tells us in Ephesians 4:27, “give the devil no place” meaning give him no foothold at all in your life!
1) This can be done by praying this simple prayer, “Lord, I confess my sins of unforgiveness (irritation, frustration, resentment, etc name whatever that negative thought or feeling is) for _____________(the person’s name or name the situation), and I release those thoughts and feelings of __________ (talk to God about those thoughts and feelings and name them) to You in the Name of Jesus. Amen.”
2) Pray for God to help you forgive. “Lord, I ask You for help with forgiving this person. You know how I feel about them, Lord, but I am not moved by my feelings. I am moved by Your WORD, and it says to forgive.”
3) Forgive by faith and by The WORD. “Lord, Your WORD says I have to forgive. So Lord, by faith and an act of my will, I forgive in Jesus’ Name.” You may also want to say several times, “I forgive,” “I forgive,” “I am a forgiver,” “I am a forgiver.” This will help you get that seed of forgiveness down into your heart.
1 John 1:9 AMP says that: “If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, God is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His Will in purpose, thought and action]. Wow, that means as we practice forgiving others, God cleanses us from ALL unrighteousness- not just some but ALL”!
4) Pray for the person who offended you. The best thing is to pray the opposite of what they have done to you or the way you are feeling about them. For example, if they disrespected you, pray for them to be respectful, kind, loving, and blessed, and pray for their family as well. This always works when I am having a difficult time forgiving someone.
5) Pray and release your faith for yourself. This is done by calling the things into your life and heart that you want because it is important to bless your own life and release your faith. For example. “Lord, I thank you that the love of God is surrounding me, that You are prospering my life, and blessings are chasing me down and overtaking me.” Whatever you feel like you are lacking, call those things into your life, and keep thanking God for them until they manifest; which means you see them come to pass.
Use these temptations as a call to prayer and forgiveness to bless your life and the lives of others. In this practice, you will keep your heart clean and clear of unforgiveness, and you will be a blessing to the lives of others, as well as your own. This will enable you to live a victorious life over the enemy!
Matthew 5:43-45 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven”.
“Jesus replied, “Have faith in God [constantly]. I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!’ and does not doubt in his heart [in God’s unlimited power], but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him [in accordance with God’s will]. For this reason I am telling you, whatever things you ask for in prayer [in accordance with God’s will], believe [with confident trust] that you have received them, and they will be given to you. Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him [drop the issue, let it go], so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions and wrongdoings [against Him and others].”
MARK 11:22-25 AMP
1 John 1:9 NKJV “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.”
God Bless YOU! Always remember, Jesus Loves YOU!